How to join
“Continentals” is not an ‘open youth work’ allowing anybody to join, no. You need to do audition!
Going on tour is hard work, but exciting: it is demanding in terms of personality, motivation, input, character, conviction and musical abilities. Therefore, criteria for auditioning had to be developed, and these are: • social; • religious; • character/motivation; • musical/artistic.
- Fulfillment of these criteria will result in registration for one project only. After that one project, the participant is no longer a “Continental” and will have to re-apply for another project. Rather than continuing automatically, a person is re-assessed each time. With time, a lot can change: attitude, musical quality, participation/motivation, belief, etc, which all has to be taken into account.
- Audition for: singing (male/female), instruments, sound, light.
- 8-12: Continental Kids
- 13-16: Young Continentals
- 16-35: The Continentals
- 25-55: Continental Encores
- 18-50: Continental Target teams
B. Further procedures
- Having been accepted, the “Continental” regularly receives information necessary to prepare him- or herself, the tour conditions, and the music (which needs to be learnt beforehand).
- A 8-day rehearsal camp follows, led by professionals. This includes preparation of the concert performance, both artistically and in terms of content, as well as all other aspects. Camp followed by:
- A tour of 1 week minimum, 4 weeks maximum
SO, HOW to do audition?
You need to do audition at the Continental office nearby, see the page continental offices.
C. ORGANIZE A CONCERT
If you are not talented in the field of singing, playing an instrument or doing sound/lights. You can Contribute in a very special way to organise a concert with one of the Continental groups in your village/city.
HOW TO INVITE: use the link to the continental office nearby.